|GTA IV PC Official Patch #2 - Version 188.8.131.52
Second patch released for Grand Theft Auto IV for PC. The patch updates your game to version 184.108.40.206.
To download the file, simply login to Games For Windows - LIVE. Alternatively, you can download the patch from this page.
Changelog 220.127.116.11:Version 18.104.22.168 - January 24, 2009
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:
PATCH 1 FIXES:
- Graphics Menu:
o Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
o Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
- Rendering optimizations.
- VSync optimizations.
- Nvidia 7000 series
o Mirrors fixed
- Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
- Supported Controllers:
o Logitech Dual Action
o Logitech RumblePad 2
o Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
o Saitek P2500
- Supported Wheels:
- Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
o Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
o Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
o Logitech MOMO Racing
o MOMO Force
o Driving Force Pro
o Driving Force
o Formula Force
- Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
- Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.
- Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
- Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
- Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
- Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.
- Naming clips is now mandatory on Export
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
- Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.
- Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
- In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a “Game” section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.
Download Mirror - Rockstar Games Official Website
Download Mirror - GTA-Downloads.com